Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and Cetaphil daily facial cleanser are two types of cleansers that are made by the popular skincare brand called Cetaphil.
These cleansers have a lot of great benefits for the skin aside from cleansing. Since they are made by the same brand, we may have questions like “Are these two products any different?”
Yes, they are. There are a couple of factors that differentiate the two. First of all, the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser Lathers up whereas the Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser does not lather or foam up.
Secondly, Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser has a fragrance-free formula while the daily facial cleanser comes with a masking Fragrance.
Also, Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser is best suited for normal to oily skin types whereas Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is suitable for combination, dry and sensitive skin types.
Finally, Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser contains a maximum of 8 ingredients while Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser contains 14 Ingredients.
The following article takes an in-depth look at the differences between these two Cetaphil cleansers.
What is the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser?
Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser is a cleanser that has a non-irritating and mild formula that works to cleanse the skin and get rid of all impurities on the skin without making it feel rough or dehydrated.
The cleanser does not trip your skin of its natural oils that make it look healthy and nourished. The cleanser will help to improve your skin texture and give it a soft and smoother feel.
It also contains soothing properties that will help to soothe your skin and prevent irritation when you are cleansing it.
It also has a fragrance free formula, it is non-comedogenic and helps in balancing up your skins pH. Its gentle formula makes it a great cleanser for use every single day.
What are the benefits of using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser?
The cleanser does not contain soap in its formula. The soap may have agents that can strip your skin of its natural oils or cause irritation.
It has a gentle formula. The formula of the cleanser is ideal for most skin types including sensitive skin types. Even people with sensitive skin can use the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser every day.
It is free of fragrance. This makes it ideal for people with sensitive skin as well as those with sensitive nose. This is because fragrances can be made using irritants which can cause irritation on your skin.
The formula of the cleanser is non-comedogenic and this means that it will not block your pores. It get rid of all the dirt, extra oils as impurities that can clog your pores.
The cleanser has good packaging, it comes in a bottle that is white in color with a blue dispenser for dispensing the cleanser. Its packaging ensures hygiene. This cleanser also comes in many sizes such as 16 oz., 8 oz., 4 oz. and 2 oz.
How to use the Gentle Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser can be used together with water as well as without water.
- First, apply the cleanser to your face. Using your hand or a cotton pad/ball
- Gently massage the cleanser onto your face to get rid of the impurities
- Rinse with warm water, when you have felt that all the impurities are gone.
- Apply the cleanser using the cotton pad or your hands
- Smoothen the cleanser on your face, this gets rid of all impurities and dirt on the skin.
- Wipe using a cotton pad or a towel to remove the cleanser. Water is not needed to rinse the cleanser.
The texture and the Consistency: Gentle Skin Cleanser
The cleanser has a gel like consistency and a texture that is lotion like. The cleanser easily blends into the skin. It does not foam and it ensures that it does not dry your skin. The cleanser will get rid of impurities without irritating the skin or making it feel tight.
The ingredients in the formula
The cleanser only has 8 ingredients in the formula. These Ingredients work very well to ensure that they keep your skin moisturized and prevent moisture loss.
They also get rid of impurities while ensuring that your skin is not left dry or irritated. It also has preservatives in the formula. This are there to make sure that the Cleanser stays effective.
- The formula is non irritating and it does not dry out the skin
- Free of fragrance and soap
- Tested by dermatologists
- Helps to soothe the skin
- Suitable for most skin types
- It has a balanced pH
- Will not clog your pores
- Contains parabens and SLS in the formula
- The formula contains Cetyl Alcohol
The Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
The Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser is a cleanser that uses a very gentle formula. This makes the cleanser suitable for everyday use
The cleanser works to get rid of excess oils on the skin while ensuring that it does not dry out the skin. It has formula that is non irritating and non-comedogenic.
This cleanser is also recommended by dermatologists. The Cleanser has a formula that helps in sebum production and it is a very good cleanser for acne prone skin because in its formula it contains Ingredients that are included in acne products.
What are the benefits of using the Daily Facial Cleanser?
The cleanser helps to get rid of excess oils on the skin. It will do this without making your skin dry or feel tight. The cleanser also helps to balance up the pH level on your skin.
The cleanser is suitable for daily use. It has a formula that is very gentle and allows you to use every day without stripping the skin of its natural moisture and oils
The cleanser effectively gets rid of makeup, dirt as well as other impurities on the surface of your skin.
It is a great cleanser that is suitable for skin that is prone to acne, oily we well as the skin that has blemishes. The cleanser is also suitable for people with sensitive skin types
It is non-comedogenic. This means that it will not clog your pores. It also gets rid of all residues that clog your pores.
The Consistency and texture
The cleanser is gel in consistency. Its texture allows you to only massage it for a short period of time in your face. The daily facial cleanser also lathers up. The cleanser helps to get rid of oils without over drying your skin. It also gives the skin a radiant and healthy look.
How to use the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
- Using the pump squeeze the liquid and put a suitable amount of the cleanser on your palms
- Smoothen and gently apply the cleanser on your face
- Rinse the cleanser from your face using lukewarm water
- Pat the skin dry using a towel
- Apply a toner in order to get rid of the residues the finish up with a moisturizer and sunscreen
The packaging of the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser is similar to that of the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
The cleanser also comes in a white pump bottle and the pump is used for dispensing the liquid. The packaging is not that fancy but modest as well as hygienic. The packaging is not that travel friendly especially when you choose the big bottle.
The Cetaphil daily facial cleanser contains 14 Ingredients in its formula. It has moisturizing ingredients like glycerin that ensure that the skin is well hydrated.
It also contains surfactants like sodium lauroyl sarcosinate in the formula, these help in cleansing the skin.The formula also contains soothing ingredients like pathenol in the formula.
- The formula is gentle and non-irritating
- Does it strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture
- Help to balance up the oils
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Suitable for most skin types
- It has a formula that foams up and this allows it to be easily used.
- Contains parabens in its formula
Similarities between Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Daily Facial Cleanser
- Both of these cleansers use a gentle formula. They both have a formula that will not leave your skin dry or irritated after cleansing it. The cleansers will not strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Both of the cleansers are recommended by dermatologists and formulated together with dermatologists. They are also made by a dermatologist recommended brand.
- The cleansers will not clog your pores. They are both non-comedogenic and will not clog your pores. They also get rid of pore clogging impurities.
The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser are two great cleansers that will help to effectively cleanse the skin and get rid of all the impurities and residues on the skin. They also get rid of all clogging impurities.
These cleansers also have a gentle and non-irritating formula. The main difference between these two cleansers is that the daily facial cleanser is a foaming cleanser while the gentle skin cleanser is a non-foaming cleanser