According to customers reviews, Cerave stands out as the best eye cream over the Cetaphil eye creams, and here is why:
This cream has been developed together with dermatologists and works to reduce puffiness and minimize the look of dark circles. It has three ceramides in its formula.
These ceramides help to repair the skins protective barrier and restore it. Using the cream also gives your eyes a brighter look and smoothens the area around your eyes.
A quick overview about the brands
Cerave Vs Cetaphil eye cream
Benefits of using the CeraVe repair eye cream
- The cream helps to reduce eye puffiness as well appearance of dark circles.
- The cream can be sued on all skin types because of its gentle formula. It does not add a great effect to the skin.
- It is noncomedogenic and this means that it will not clog your pores
- It is hydrating and ensures that the under-eye area is plump and softer. It contains hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid.
- The cream helps to repair the skins protective barrier and maintains its health CeraVe repair eye cream: features
- The cream makes use of MVE technology (multivesicular emulsion). This technology is there to ensure that all the ingredients that keep the skin moisturized are well delivered and that the skin is kept moisturized for a long time.
- Contains marine and botanical complex in the formula. This is there to help in minimizing puffiness and getting rid of dark circles.
- It has been tested by ophthalmologists. This means that the cream is safe to use around the eye area which is a sensitive area.
- Contains 3 essential ceramides in the formula, they protect and maintain the skins protective barrier.
- Developed with dermatologists and accepted by the national eczema association
Key ingredients in CeraVe eye repair cream
Niacinamide also knowns as vitamin b3 is there to provide hydration to your skin. It is very effective at preventing water loss. It also has soothing properties and helps to alleviate conditions like rosacea.
It also has brightening properties and helps to lighten dark spots, blemishes as well as redness. The ingredient also boosts collagen production and helps to get rid of wrinkles. It has properties that help in treating acne.
The ceramides in this eye cream have a lot of benefits. Ceramides help to protect the skins protective barrier by strengthening it.
It also ensures that its health is maintained. When the skins protective barrier is weakened germs and other things can get in.
Ceramides also help in nourishing dry skin. The cream contains three ceramides in its formula: ceramides 1, ceramide 3 and ceramide 6-ii
This is a humectant. The hyaluronic acid helps to keep the skin moisturized by attracting water to the external layer of the skin from the environment and deep layers of the skin.
The ingredient also holds a lot of water. Therefore, this helps to make your skin soft, plump and also reduce the look of wrinkles.
It also has glycerine in the formula that also helps in moisturizing the skin.
The pros and cons
- It has a good consistency and won’t leave your skin feeling heavy or greasy
- Keeps the skins protective barrier well maintained and restored to prevent germs from entering
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles
How can i use the cream?
You should apply the cream by dotting it around your eye. Then smooth the cream gently and wait for it to completely get absorbed.
The cream can be used on its own or you can use it under makeup. It can also be used for up to two times a day. In the morning and in the evening.
The texture and packaging
The eye cream has a consistency that is neither too light nor too thick. The cream makes your skin moisturized and minimizes the look of wrinkles.
It has a lightening formula. The cream comes in a tube that is 0.5 ounces. The cream comes in a tube that is white and opaque.
It is also travel friendly. Its texture is very easy to absorb and it spreads very easily on the skin. It does not feel heavy or sticky. The cream does not leave a glow on your skin and leaves the skin feeling soft.
Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
The cream is very nourishing and contains ingredient that help to hydrate the area around your eyes, the Cetaphil hydrating eye gel cream has a lightweight formula.
It contains a lot of great ingredients like sodium hyaluronate, bisabolol, licorice root extract and niacinamides.
The cream has a good texture that is between gel to creamy like. The cream also contains a fragrance that is very light.
The gel also absorbs easily and it will lock moisture into your skin. The formula is gentle enough to be used for up to two times a day.
Benefits of using Cetaphil hydrating gel eye cream
- The cream helps to moisturizes or hydrate the sensitive area around the eyes. It contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid that help to offer hydration and ensuring that the skin is plumped up and soft. It also nourishes the under-eye area.
- The cream also helps to brighten up the area under your eyes, thereby reducing the look pf dark circles and giving your eyes a brighter complexion.
- The cream uses a gentle and non-irritating formula. The formula is also gentle on sensitive skin types. It is also hypoallergenic.
- It is a noncomedogenic cream. This means that this cream has been formulated in such a way that it will not cause your pores to get clogged or cause breakouts.
Features: Cetaphil hydrating eye gel cream
- The cream has hydrating properties. It locks in moisture into the skin for up to 24 hours and makes the skin feel refreshed and soft
- It has brightening properties. It helps to brighten the area under your eyes. This helps to give your skin a brighter look and an even skin tone under your eyes.
- Smoothens the skin. The cream will make the under area soothed, smoothed as well as refreshed
- Contains cyanuric acid, licorice extract and vitamin complex that offers hydration, soothing properties.
- Clinically proven eye cream, dermatologically recommended and ophthalmologist tested
- Gentle and noncomedogenic formula
How can i use the cream?
To use the cream, first make sure that your face is clean and dry. The take a small amount of the cream (pearl-sized) and dab it around the area.
Smoothen it and wait until it is completely absorbed. The cream can be used in the morning as well as during the day.
The texture and packaging
The cream comes in a tube that is 0.5 oz. The packaging of the cream ensures that the ingredients do not easily lose the effectiveness.
The cream has a very lightweight texture that easily spreads on your skin and absorbs very fast. This also makes it a great cream for oily skin because it does not feel heavy on the skin or leave a greasy effect.
The cream also has a fragrance that is light. Because of the fragrance the cream may cause some problems for people that have sensitive eyes.
Benefits of the key ingredients
Hyaluronic acid is an excellent moisturizer in this formula. It ensures that the skin is well moisturized, it can hold a lot of water up to 1000 times its weight and also rejuvenates the skin. It also improves the skins texture, makes it softer and plump.
This an anti-irritant. It helps to prevent the skin from becoming irritated and will soothe skin when it irritated.
The licorice root extract is a great ingredient that works very well to deal with the dark circles as well as age spots.
They help to nourish the skin; they also offer protection from damage by free radicles and help in rejuvenating the skin.
- The cream is good for oily skin types due to its lightweight formula
- Lightweight and non-heavy formula
- Great for use on eyes that do not require a lot of moisturizing
- Comes at an affordable price
- Not a great cream for people with aging eyes
- Has a fragrance and may not be a good option for people with sensitive eyes
- Not a great cream for people who want to deal with puffiness and dark circles
Which eye cream is better between CeraVe and Cetaphil?
CeraVe eye repair cream and the Cetaphil hydrating gel cream are good creams for use around your eyes. But according to customers reviews, Cerave is best.
Both of the products are hydrating. They contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid that ensures that the skin is moisturized, plump and softer.
They are formulated to be used around the eye area. The eye area is considered to be very sensitive and delicate.
The CeraVe eye repair cream is a good cream for dealing with dark circles and puffiness unlike the Cetaphil hydrating cream.
Both creams have lightweight formulas and they are gentle enough for all skin types. The Cetaphil contains a fragrance and due to this it is not a very good cream for people with sensitive eyes.
Therefore, when it comes to choosing between which eye cream is the best, it depends on what you are looking for. For example, for a lightweight cream go for the Cetaphil eye hydrating gel cream and for a cream that offers protection to your skin go for the CeraVe.